21 Mar Permaculture, CreaNova’s metaproject!
Using the principles of Permaculture, CreaNova is re-structuring part of it’s outdoor area creating a project that involves children from the age of 5 up to 18. This type of project is what we call a ‘metaproject’.
What Permaculture brings us. These are some of the principles:
- Before doing anything else: observe.
- Nature is our best teacher.
- Everything (and everyone!) contributes.
- Be patient: slow down and observe.
- Multiple functions for each element and multiple elements for each function.
- Be able to see the order in the hipotetik chaos and the chaos in the order.
- The solution is within the problem.
- Patterns: nature seeks to optimize the edge between systems.
- Connect students with nature.
- Create awareness towards our surroundings.
- Be able to identify the needs and wants of the group.
- Help students learn to choose and create meaningful and achievable goals.
- Learn how to compost.
- See the practical use of gained knowledge: mathematics- measuring, leveling, mapping.
- Encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Develop a sense of responsibility connected with life-style and effect on our environment.
Observing, pinpointing the needs and aims, planning, using available materials, we are working towards a sustainable system that involves making use of what we have (e.g. rain water, food leftovers, recycled wood) to gain as much as possible from it: vegetables, herbs, flowers, etc.
After a few months of working on this project, the students (and adults) of CreaNova are showing excitement, motivation and we are very proud of the results accomplished, together with a strong drive to continue carrying out the work we are doing.
We already ate some of the vegetables in our salad menu: radishes and broccoli!
Special thanks to Marketa, Matyas and Sebastian’s mum, who is helping us in all the possible ways to make it happen!
Thank you Moya for leading the project and Kendra and Ivana to transmit all your passion and knowledge to our teenagers!